Friday, March 28, 2008

I'm going home

After a long journey, both literally and figuratively, physically and emotionally, I'm starting my journey back to the city that I love so much. Through the course of my travels, I was constantly asked many questions about DC and why I love it so. Well, what can you say about a city like DC? It's a great mix of north and south, it's a city that has an international flair while still being very American, it's a good mix of public and private transportation, it's a picturesque city and a city of change. As winter fades and spring begins, I'm coming home to start my new season of life. The cherry blossoms are out and the tourists are sure to be flooding the National Mall and I'm actually looking forward to what life has to offer me.

It's taken a few months to get to a better place, but I'm slowly working my way towards that better place. True, my heart is still heavy and I will carry that heaviness for the rest of my life, but eventually it will all work out how it's supposed to work out. There's a balance to life and eventually, the bad times will turn to good. You must experience the dark to appreciate the light.

More later.......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

KEEP YOUR HEAD UP...THINGS WILL IMPROVE WITH TIME...WE HAVE ALL BEEN THERE.

Anonymous said...

I have learned the hard way (but it's really the best way) that everything happens the way it's supposed to. You might not feel like it is in your benefit right now, but everything really does work out in the end.