Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Zebra, Crocodolie, Ostrich.........and lots of Beer!



After our Okavango Delta experience we rushed to get to Windhoek, Namibia, which is the capital city. Windhoek was a neat town with a definite German feel to it, in fact, Olaf, my German tent mate, felt right at home. Unfortunately, we were only in Windhoek for an afternoon and an evening. I would have loved to spend another day checking out Windhoek, but we made it a productive trip by going to Joe Beer House for the game sampler. I had a sample of Ostrich, Crocodile, Zebra, Kudu and Chicken......I know, chicken is not game, but what are you going to do? All in all, the food was great! I really liked the Ostrich, which despite being a bird has red meat, and the Zebra and Kudu were solid. The crocodile......well, let's just say that it left a lot to be desired. It kind of tasted like fish, but was really oily and just didn't taste that good. So, in a battle between an Alligator and a Crocodile.....the alligator would get points for better tastes!

After the meal, well, we did what anyone would do at a beer house.....we drank beer! And let me just tell you, don't ever get into a drinking contest with a German. They'll kick your ass, it's true. I have a video of Olaf downing a pint of beer in 4 seconds! I would love to see him try his hand at a pitcher of beer!

Until later......

Love, peace, and soul.

No comments: