Sunday, February 15, 2009

Destiny or Not?

Sometimes I really do believe in some sort of predetermined destiny or fate. Still, other times I believe that life is what you make of it and is the result of the decisions you make. Is it one or the other? Or a combination of both? If it's a combination, how much of my predetermined path do I really have control over? If it's all just predetermined, then do my decisions even matter?

I've struggled with these question for a long, long time and I think most people, if they are self aware, have asked themselves these same questions. Heck, Tom Hanks won an Oscar asking himself these questions!

Still, sometimes you find yourself in a situation and think......."this is it, this is how it's supposed to be, this is how it's going to happen." But then life has a funny way of changing around on you.....and you're left with more questions.

Always more questions.......

I'm beginning to think that Don Henley was a lyrical genius......

"The more I know, the less I understand.
All the things I thought I knew, I'd have to learn again...."

No comments: