Sunday, March 22, 2009

Love can lead to great things.....

such as the Taj Mahal or a beautiful painting or a lovely poem or a heart warming song. There are so many good things that can come out of the powerful emotion that is.........love. What I still struggle with is this; if someone has love in their heart, how can they also be capable of such horrendous acts? How can they be so hurtful to someone that they love?

I loved her.........more than anyone I had ever loved........I knew it too. I loved the little things too; the flash in the eyes, the grumpy look in the early morning hour, the smell of her hair and all of the tiny quirks and imperfections that made her amazing to me. I loved all those things and more and yet, I was so hurtful to her. I made a horrendous mistake and in the process I hurt someone who I loved tremendously.

How could I have done that?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know you can't move forward while you're always looking back...

Anonymous said...

Make peace with your past so it won't mess up your future