Tuesday, May 15, 2007

3 weeks and counting

It's officially 3 weeks from the time our plan will leave from Houston. So far everyone I've talked to has asked me if I'm ready and told me how much this experience will change my life.

In answer to everyone's question.......yeah, I think I'm ready, but honestly, how ready can you be? I've got my camera, my clothes, my medications, vaccinations, my airplane tickets, insurance, travel guide books and journal. Now I guess I just need to be ready for anything and everything that will get thrown at me for the next 6 months. I think the biggest things that I'm going to need are patience and understanding. Patience to deal with things that don't go right and an understanding of different cultures and how they work. Hopefully, those two tools will serve me well on my journeys.

I think I'd be pretty naive to think that this whole experience is not going to change me in some way. I mean, part of why I'm doing this trip is to see and experience things that I've never done before. So, just going through those experiences are bound to have some effect on my life. I tell you one thing, my perspective on poverty will most definitely change as some of the areas I'm traveling to are well known for their levels of poverty.

Until next time.........

Love, peace, and soul.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Question:

Do Bears Eat Beats?

Anonymous said...

What are you going to bring me